- To All the Waiting Mothers
- My (2nd) Prize-Winning Short Story!
- Tomorrow on Longreads.com
- Apartment #17D – An Ode
- On A Motherless Mother’s Day, Remembering to Heal and to Laugh
- Our Stories Make America Truly Great (Repost)
- Keep Quiet and Stop Violating My First Amendment Rights
- O Distraction!
- Book Review: Hunger by Roxane Gay
- For My Mother From Their Mother on Our Day
- Biracial Identity: I Chose “Neither” before I chose “Both.”
- Ask Lisa: Ambiguous Looks, Identity Concerns
- Advice for the Multiracial Community #3
- “Ask Lisa” – New on Multiracial Media
- Our Stories Make America Truly Great
- Aboard the USS Pampanito: A Story for Veteran’s Day
- Internalized Homophobia Wreaked Doom at Pulse
- Published on Mamalode!
- Mother’s Day Postscript: Four Tweaks to help you Enjoy Your Teenage Daughter
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Was Jewish, Right?
Body Image, Identity, Eating Disorders, Dance, Biracial, Ballet, Parenting, Mothers, DaughtersAdoption Advice American Anorexic anxiety Ballet Beauty Biracial Black blogging Body Image Brooklyn Bulimia Cancer Changes childhood Children Christmas Dance Dancer Daughter Depression Eating Disorder Eating Disorders families family Fiction Girls Guilt Hanukah House Fire Hurricane Sandy Identity interracial marriage Jewish Kids knee pain Loss Louella Dizon San Juan memories mixed-race Mom Montclair Mother Mother's Day Motherhood Mothers Multiracial Multiracial Media music New Jersey New York City Novel-in-progress Obama Outline Pacific Northwest Ballet Parenting Pointe Shoes pregnancy race racism Reading same-sex parents Social Work stories teacher teenage girls The Hunger Games Therapy tights time weight Writer's Digest Conference Writing YA Novel
“Spirit of 1976, A July 4th Memory”
Versatile Blogger Award
Beautiful Blogger Award