Below is a list of talks I have given in schools and synagogues in the New York area. For bookings, please see my CONTACT page. Click here.
- A Jewish Identity for the Cultural Mosaic: Addressing the needs and concerns of multiracial Jewish families, including interracial families as well as transracially adoptive families.
- Teens versus Parents: Addressing the ups and downs, humor and tears of the teenager-parent power struggle. This can be tailored for mixed-age, teen-only or caregiver-only groups.
- Child of Another Color: Support and story-sharing for members of multiracial families where the child is, or appears to be, a different race from the parent. Negotiating and coping with public stares and comments, whether the child or parent belongs to the majority group. Can be tailored for mixed-age or caregiver-only groups. (See my blog post: A Daughter by Any Color.)
- Speaking of Color: A Workshop for Parents of all backgrounds, offering a safe, open and comfortable framework for talking with school-aged children about race.
- Boys, Body Image and Bullying: A Workshop for parents of grade and middle school boys. (Parents with sons aged 8-14)
- Power and Identity: Body Image and the Therapeutic Relationship: A workshop for mental health professionals.
- Eating Disorders: Learn, Prevent and Help, A Two-Part workshop for middle school girls (ages 10-13)