- Biracial Identity: I Chose “Neither” before I chose “Both.”
- Ask Lisa: Ambiguous Looks, Identity Concerns
- Advice for the Multiracial Community #3
- “Ask Lisa” – New on Multiracial Media
- Our Stories Make America Truly Great
- Aboard the USS Pampanito: A Story for Veteran’s Day
- Internalized Homophobia Wreaked Doom at Pulse
- Published on Mamalode!
- Mother’s Day Postscript: Four Tweaks to help you Enjoy Your Teenage Daughter
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Was Jewish, Right?
- Thinking Outside the “Other” Box: An Inclusive Mixed Identity
- Privilege, White and Otherwise: When your Dignity is Affirmed at the expense of Another’s.
- What LGBT Workplace Rights, #RealWomen and #BlackLivesMatter Have in Common
- Bone Marrow Donor Registry Drive
- Mixed: A Canvas for the Assumptions of Others?
- Loving Day Re-post: Why I Believe Marriage Equality = Common Sense
- I’m on a Podcast!
- The Heartbreak of Striving
- Mixed in America: Closing the Arch
- Does the “White Privilege” Umbrella cover Black and Biracial Children? (Survey included)
Body Image, Identity, Eating Disorders, Dance, Biracial, Ballet, Parenting, Mothers, DaughtersAdoption Advice American Anorexic anxiety Ballet Beauty Biracial Black blogging Body Image Brooklyn Bulimia Cancer Child Children Christmas Dance Dancer Daughter Depression Eating Disorder Eating Disorders families family Fiction Girls Guilt Hanukah Heidi W. Durrow House Fire Hurricane Sandy Identity interracial marriage Jewish Kids knee pain Louella Dizon San Juan memories mixed-race Mom Montclair Mother Mother's Day Motherhood Mothers Multiracial Multiracial Media music New Jersey New York City Nostalgia Novel-in-progress Obama Outline Pacific Northwest Ballet Parenting Pointe Shoes race racism Reading same-sex parents shiva Social Work stories teacher teenage girls The Hunger Games Therapy tights time weight Writer's Digest Conference Writing YA Novel
“Spirit of 1976, A July 4th Memory”
Versatile Blogger Award
Beautiful Blogger Award